ATOTO S8 Standard S8G2A71S Android Car in-Dash Navigation Stereo System
- ATOTO S8 series is a new generation of Android car stereo launched by ATOTO in May 2020. Based on Intel's 14nm process (higher efficiency, lower consumption), X86 architecture Octa-Core processor (High performance), and deep customization on Android Oreo, S8 can increase confidence and satisfaction under various operations.
- Users can put memorable photos in the specified gallery folder and let them autoplay on S8's 7in HD screen with only a tap. S8 enables six touch gestures that support a two-figure / three-figure tap to enter the multi-task menu quickly,switch between preset 9 EQ modes, adjust the screen brightness, etc., which improve operation safety during driving.
- Dual Bluetooth (BT1 5.0 & BT2 4.1) chips inside allow S8 to enable multi-connections with phone and other BT devices simultaneously. BT2 supports connecting to a phone Bluetooth for accessing the internet. BT1 comes with Qualcomm aptX codec feature - streams wired quality sound, wirelessly (To enable this feature, you need to own a phone that supports Bluetooth aptX, too);
- The SD slot of S8 can read up to 512GB external storage card, which significantly eases the user's worry about insufficient memory storage. 178° full-viewing angle IPS display screen with higher contrast substantially improves the viewing experience in daylight. Due to hardware limitations, traditional car stereos can only support displaying 400-600 lines rearview video input, now S8 works with specific HD camera to show HD rearview video quality.
- Continuous system firmware update (Current firmware version is ATOTO UI 10.0). ATOTO will release new firmware update when available to ensure fewer bugs and new features added. Does this one fit my car? Do I need any other parts to finish the installation? Which one fits my car better? Expert-support (we fully understand our products, as well as general installing issues). Remember to write to us (email@example.com) if you have any questions before purchasing, or need help with S8.
ATOTO S8 Standard Android Car Stereo system - Your Versatile driving companion
- Product Model: S8 Standard Version; Model No: S8G2A71S(2GB/16GB);
- System Information. SoC Chip: Intel Airmont X86 Architecture Spreadtrum SC9853i Octa-Core (up to 1.872GHz) CPU with ARM Mali-T820 MP2 GPU, advanced 14nm manufacturing process. System Version: ATOTO AICE UI 10.0, which is developed & customized based on Android 8.1 Oreo; System Language: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Polish, Korean, Dutch, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Vietnamese and Chinese.
- DSP / Pre-Amplifier: Built-in Digital Signal Processor allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay, bass boost, bass filter. Preset 9 EQ Modes, and 32 adjustable frequency bands (16 bands for front and 16 for rear). Built-in Max 4*45W BTL Amplifier with RMS 4*24W (Vcc=14.4v, THD=10%);
- Bluetooth & Radio Tuner: Dual Bluetooth (BT1 5.0 & BT2 4.1). Bluetooth1 is Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX codec feature(SBC & AAC are also supported), and it supports HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP/PBAP protocols; Radio tuner: Built-in high sensitivity FM/AM radio tuner with RDS/RBDS feature (and the radio station name will be displayed if available);
- Display: Full HD 7inch 1024*600 5-Touch Capacitive Touchscreen with 600cd/m2 latest 178° full-viewing angle IPS display screen;
- GPS/Navigation: Built-in GPS module, and Google Maps app is installed as the default GPS map. Users may need to download offline map data for a specific area for offline navigation if preferred. Other maps/navigation apps (Waze, Tomtom, HereWeGo) from Google Play Store can also be installed;
- Phone Mirroring/Casting: EasyConnect app preinstalled, and it supports working with the latest iOS & Android devices (system firmware update may be required). Two options (USB /WiFi connection) are all available for connecting to Android smartphones and iPhones.
Inputs,Outputs & Slots
- AUX Audio(L/R) /Video input; FCAM front camera video input; Reversing camera input (This interface can process 720P HD video signal. So you can connect a specific HD rearview camera to S8 for 720P video display, while most Android car stereos can only process CVBS 400-600 lines rearview signal); 4-CH RCA Audio Out (2v) for connecting to factory/aftermarket amplifier; Separate Sub-woof Out (0.8v); For S8 Standard, there is no headrest video output, Optical SPDIF Out, or QC 3.0 Quick Charge interface;
- One Micro SD slot - to store media files, and can read up to 512GB storage card; 3 USB interfaces for data communication, including reading USB Drive (read unlimited external storage devices, including portable SSD) & optional USB devices, and connecting phone for Mirror casting/EasyConnect;
- Most dashboard mounting frame suppliers from North America may provide a double din mounting frame with 174mm*98mm opening (Metra dash kit, PAC dash kit,etc). ATOTO is the first one to bring an Android 7in car stereo with a minimum 174mm*97mm front panel dimension. An extra frame adapter is also included in the package to extend its size to 178mm*101.5mm;
- ATOTO S8 Standard version does not provide headrest video out or a specific hardware for virtual surround-view parking; Please do not try to root ATOTO S8 even if you are an Android developer, as it has been deeply customized and your experience with rooting/making changes to an android tablet/smartphone is not applicable here, and will damage the S8 system! Moreover, it is not covered by manufacturer's waranty;
- Optional parts for working with ATOTO S8 Standard (sold separately): 1. ATOTO AC-44P2 1080P On-dash DVR Camera; 2. ATOTO AC-44F5 Steering wheel IR Remote; 3.ATOTO AC-4450 Bluetooth OBD II scanner /Code Reader; 4. ATOTO AC-HD02 HD Rear-view Camera; 5. ATOTO AC-UTP1 USB TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor); Some of them must be connected before installing S8; All ATOTO optional accessories can be found here:amazon.com/atoto;
More than a car stereo - Install Android Apps, play music online, run online map & get real-time traffic, connect various external devices to expand functions
Access to the internet and install Android apps from Google Play Store
- S8 allows users to connect to the phone's hotspot via 2.4Ghz WiFi or Bluetooth tethering option.
- Running online maps or streaming music online on Android car stereo do not need high bandwidth(less than200kb/s), Bluetooth tethering connection is capable of dealing with such demand.
- Compared with WiFi connection, Bluetooth tethering has lower power consumption, so phone battery will last much longer while Bluetooth tethering is enabled;
- WiFi connection is easier as it requires only one step - enable your phone's WLAN hotspot; Bluetooth connection requires 2 - 3 steps;
- More than 1000 apps from Google Play Store have been tested installable on ATOTO S8 Series, especially media/entertainment apps and navigation apps in the category of "Auto & Vehicles". Very few app developers may specify devices/system environments that are allowed to install or run their apps, which results in the inability to install or run on an Android car stereo. Netflix is the case, but a specific version of Netflix is pre-installed so that you can still use it on S8;
Android Car Stereo is not the equivalent of putting an Android tablet in the vehicle. The ATOTO S8 has lots of inputs and outputs customized for it to work better in vehicle
- Connect to a specific ATOTO USB On dash 1080P DVR camera for recorded video files preview & playback;
- Connect to a specific ATOTO USB TPMS tire pressure monitor system. When one or more tires are under-inflated, it will pop up a prompt warning on the S8 screen, and even emit a prompt tone as a reminder;
- Connect to a rearview camera with CVBS & HD video signal out for safe parking;
- Connect to your Android / iOS smartphone via USB / WiFi and using EasyConnection option to cast what's displayed on the phone to ATOTO screen;
- Connect to an OBD II Diagnostic Scanner /Engine Code Reader via Bluetooth; Compared with single Bluetooth, dual Bluetooth solution makes communication tasks between multiple Bluetooth connections more balanced and stable.
Dual Bluetooth chips inside, connectable to more Bluetooth-based devices, customized Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 w/ aptX audio codec and voice assistant interface
- The Bluetooth 1 works as Bluetooth hands-free (call/answer) with A2DP streaming audio feature. Contacts/recent records will be synchronized once the smartphone is connected. All the contacts can be searched by manually typing, or A-Z filtering, and users can add certain contacts to the "Favor" list for quick dialing!
- ATOTO S8 allows the driver to put the current call on hold and switch to another incoming call. You won't miss important calls anymore. Most android car stereos will auto ignore or even hang off the second incoming call.
- ATOTO S8 Standard applies Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 w/ aptX codec - it could help decode the high-quality audio delivered from phones, and play the music at a wired-quality-sound level yet wirelessly. Even though the average Bluetooth streaming solution is enough for the majority, there is still regret these hypercritical people (who are more obsessed with wired CD music). Now throw away your AUX cables, external storage, just play the music stored in your phone via Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 w/ aptX option;
- The aptX feature requires the phone side also to support Bluetooth aptX feature to perform correctly;
- Phone signal strength /battery power could be displayed on the S8 notification bar!
- The Bluetooth 2 not only works as Bluetooth tethering internet but also allows to connect to Bluetooth gamepad(for kids in rear seats), Bluetooth OBD2, Bluetooth TPMS, etc;
- The system allows user to connect up to 3 devices simultaneously(one for audio, two for data communication).
- The customized Bluetooth in S8 allows to wake up the phone's voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant) via Bluetooth connection. So users can use a specific button on the screen or steering wheel or ATOTO AC-44F5 wireless remote to send messages, make calls, and control music with your voice. Much safer, much convenient;
178° full-viewing angle IPS display screen, the better viewing experience
- ATOTO S8 Standard applies 178° full-viewing angle IPS display screen, which helps improve viewing experience in strong daylight, and important app tips such as navigation prompts could be viewed brighter than traditional display screen;
In addition, IPS display technology has outstanding color rendition, as well as retaining displaying naturalness;
More options to operate & control the S8 - Easy Operation to Ensure Safe Driving
*Operating a car stereo while driving can be quite dangerous. ATOTO S8 provides up to 24 frequently-used functions for matching with steering wheel audio key. Manual programming or re-allocation is available. *For cars without steering wheel audio control, ATOTO AC-44F5 Steering Wheel IR Remote is highly recommended;
*ATOTO S8 enables six touch gestures that support two-figure / three-figure tap on screen to enter multi-task menu quickly, switch between preset 9 EQ modes, adjust the screen brightness, etc., which improve operation safety during driving.
*S8 supports split screen display, so that users can run navigation maps and another app (such as Youtube) on the same screen
DSP with Time Correction, Powerful Preamp
Built-in Digital Signal Processor for tailored audio output
*A DSP uses a microcontroller that is designed specifically to manipulate audio signals in the digital domain. It allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay (aka Time Correction or Time Alignment), bass boost, and bass filter (LFP)
Powerful Toshiba Pre-amplifier IC, Great Listening Experience
*The S8 Standard applies a powerful Toshiba preset amplifier, which comes with 4x45 Watts BTL Max output & 4x24w RMS output. With the conditions of non-distorted audio amplifying & delivering requirements, the RMS 24w power output lets user experience more powerful,
Highest Compatibility For Vehicle Fit/Installation
Currently, the front panel of aftermarket car stereos with a 7inch screen has various sizes (178mmx100mm, 178mmx102mm,180mmx102). However, most mounting dash frame adapter suppliers (Metra, Scosche, PAC, etc.) mainly provides 174mmx98mm dash opening, lots of users encountered issues /hassles during installation. ATOTO S8 universal double din models use size 193mmx97mm, and can fit them perfectly, no trimming/cutting job needed!
This S8 model is a universal double din car stereo, and the extra accessories required to finish installation in a specific vehicle are not included, and it is the buyer's responsibility to prepare for them (if applicable). The accessories that may be involved include (but are not limited to) dash frame kit, wiring
HD 720P rearview video display & Fast System Boot (within 2s)
Traditional car stereos can only take and display 400-600 lines CVBS rearview video signal. ATOTO S8 works with a specific HD camera (AC-HD02, sold separately) to show HD 720P rearview video quality.
Like A6, S8 can shorten the startup time of the Android system from 25 seconds to only 2 seconds. Protecting car battery from draining out, as well as ensuring quick boot available, are the two essentials. This feature has been tested in hundreds of thousands of products (M4 & A6) and is reliable enough. The inner clock will count, and if the vehicle is parked for more than 7 days, it will be automatically powered off to save car battery power.
Personal Privacy Protection without sacrificing convenience
In order to protect Google /Facebook & other SNS accounts from being accessed, S8 has a screen lock option for users to lock the screen when the car (car stereo) is not in their control (Valet Parking, or vehicle taken by others). An additional option (Unlock with Bluetooth) allows users to unlock S8 screen once phone Bluetooth is connected automatically. You do not have to input the password manually to unlock the screen. Now, all you need to lock or unlock your S8 is just walk out of its Bluetooth range.
Online Product Protetion Registration & Continuous System Software Update
Online Product Registration:
S8's buyers can register the products purchased online in the AOCSS system (support.myatoto.com) and have the change to get extended 180-day product protection (see details announced in the AOCSS system). Registering products could help users to achieve support easily with top priority (since we can access the initial order details & product SN code).
System Firmware Update:
ATOTO will continuously improve S8's system firmware every a few months once necessary. Get continued firmware update when available to ensure few bugs and new features are added. Users can find the availability of firmware update notification by logging into AOCSS.