- S8 (Gen 2) is the second generation of ATOTO S8 Android car stereo, and its Soc applies a 12nm manufacturing process,ARM Cortext Octa-Core processor (higher efficiency,lower consumption,High performance), and the latest ATOTO AICE UI 11.0 (deep customization on Android Q). S8 Gen 2 brings satisfaction to various operations. Four options are available for internet access - WiFi/Bluetooth/USB Tethering connection, or via builtin 4G Cellular Modem (SIM card not included).
- Dual Bluetooth (BT1 5.0 & BT2 4.1) inside allows S8 to enable multi-connections with phone & other BT devices simultaneously. BT2 supports connecting to the Phone’s BT tethering internet. BT1 comes with Qualcomm aptX HD codec - This enhanced codec supports 24-bit music quality over BT. Listeners can hear even the smallest details in their music (phone needs to support BT aptX HD codec, too). Built-in phone integration link supports wired Android Auto, plus wired/wireless CarPlay connection.
- It works with ATOTO S-AC-HD03LR camera (not included) to have an HD Virtual Surround-View (VSV) and Live Rear-View (LRV) display. A special Panoramic Image Stitching algorithm builtin to process the image sent from S-AC-HD03LR and rebuild a dynamic,virtual but almost same-size ratio surroundings view (VSV). With LRV option, users can access rearview even if the vehicle is moving ahead,removing obstructions of headrests and the vehicle's rear pillars and increasing the field of view.
- Speed Compensated Volume Control (SCVC)- Automatically adjusts S8's system volume as vehicle speed changes, to adjust for road and wind noise (applicable in 50mph or up. Software algorithms based on GPS positioning).S8 enables six touch gestures that support a two-finger / three-finger tap to enter the multi-task menu quickly,switch between preset 9 EQ modes, adjust the screen brightness, etc., which improves the operation safety during driving.Also,the split screen display is supported.
- S-S8G2104PR adopts the DAH10D mounting style (Double-DIN Adaptive Head-unit of 10.1-inch Display). You will have a floating HD big display style (extra double-DIN dash kit may be required). As the big 10.1-inch screen hovers over your dashboard, for few vehicles, the edge of the display part may block the air vent, emergency switch or other buttons located around, thus, if you have such a problem and can not accept it, here are also many other ATOTO car stereo models for your choice.
ATOTO S8 Pro Android Car Stereo System - Your Ultimate Driving Companion
- Product Model: S8 Pro (Gen 2): Model No.: S-S8G2104PR-N (3GB+32GB), Mounting style: DAH10D (Double-DIN Adaptive Head-unit of 10.1-inch Display); The letter N in the model name means its 4G Cellular Modem supports main frequency bands of the major operators in North America (USA/Canada/Mexico), so it may be incompatible with some other operators from non-North America areas; If you need another version (S-S8G2104PR-A) that works with operators from European & Asian areas, check for alternative listings/ASIN;
- System Information: SoC Chip: UNISOC 7862 ARM Cortex Octa-Core (up to 1.8GHz) CPU with ARM Mali-G52 MP2 GPU, advanced 12nm manufacturing process. System Version: ATOTO AICE UI 11.0, which is developed & customized based on Android Q(10.0); System Language: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, and other 12 languages.
- DSP / Pre-Amplifier: Built-in Digital Signal Processor allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay, bass boost, and bass filter. Preset 9 EQ Modes, and 32 adjustable frequency bands (16 bands for front and 16 for rear). Built-in Max 4*49W BTL Amplifier with RMS 4*29W (Vcc=14.4v, THD=10%);
- Bluetooth & Radio Tuner: Dual Bluetooth (BT1 5.0 & BT2 4.1). Bluetooth1 is Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX & aptX HD codec (SBC & AAC are also supported), and it supports HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP/PBAP protocols; Radio tuner: Built-in high sensitivity FM/AM radio tuner with RDS/RBDS feature (and the radio station name will be displayed if available);
- Display: Full HD 10.1-inch 1280x720 5-Touch Capacitive Touchscreen with 600cd/m2 latest QLED screen (a type of quantum film LED-backlit LCD technology which can greatly improve the color effect, and can provide very clear and vivid picture quality. It also inherits the advantages of 178° full-viewing angle and high contrast of the IPS LCD);
- GPS/Navigation: Built-in GPS Receiver module with an external GPS antenna and Google Maps app is installed as the default GPS map.Users may need to download offline map data of a specific area for offline navigation if preferred. Other maps/navigation apps from Google Play Store can also be installed;
- Phone Mirroring & Phone Integration Link: Phone Mirroring - EasyConnect app pre-installed, it supports working with the latest iOS & Android devices (the system firmware update may be required). Two options (USB /WiFi) are all available for connecting to Android smartphones and iPhone; Phone Integration Link (CarPlay & Android Auto Connections) - It seamlessly integrates your smartphone (iPhone & Android) with the S8's built-in display and controls via USB and allows you to make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions. The wireless CarPlay connection is available on S8 Pro, Ultra and Ultra Plus versions;
- Some Other features: Fast System Boot - Start the car & access system within 2 seconds; Split Screen Display - Run a navigation map and another apps (such as Youtube) on the screen simultaneously; Digital Photo Frame option - Users can put memorable photos in the specified Gallery Folder and let them play automatically on S8's HD big screen with only a tap; Speed Compensated Volume Control (SCVC)- When you increased in speed the headunit volume increased a certain percentage and when you slowed down, the volume dropped. This is to compensate for road noise; USB network tethering - sharing your phone data with S8 headunit via the USB connection (EasyConnect app); Live Rear View (LRV) - Now you can access rearview even if your vehicle in moving ahead. This could remove obstructions caused by passengers, headrests and the vehicle’s roof and rear pillars, increasing the field of view and allowing the driver an unimpeded view of the lanes behind and traditional blind-spots.
Inputs,Outputs & Slots
- AUX Audio(L/R) /Video input; FCAM front camera video input; Rearview camera input (S8 can process 720P HD video signal. So you can connect a specific HD rearview camera to S8 for 720P video display); 4-CH RCA Audio Out (2v) for connecting to factory/aftermarket amplifier; Separate Sub-woof Out (0.8v); For S8 Pro, Optical SPDIF Out and QC 3.0 Quick Charge interfaces are available; To connect with a headrest monitor, you need to get an extra ATOTO USB-to-HDMI or USB-to-RCA video output adaptor(not included);
- One Micro SD slot - to store media files, it can read up to 512GB storage card; 4 USB interfaces - 3 for the data communication, including reading USB Drive (read unlimited external storage devices, including portable SSD) & optional USB devices, and connecting phones for Mirror casting/EasyConnect or Phone Integration Link; 1 USB for the QC 3.0 fast phone charge.
- For ATOTO S8 with 10.1-inch floating display (DAH10D), the front faceplate of its double-DIN base has dimension of 178x100(mm), and its 10.1-inch screen dimension is 252x155(mm). The 10.1-inch floating display stands out from its double-DIN base allowing users to adjust height and view angles (up or down). Even though, for certain vehicles, the edge of the large screen may block the air vent, emergency switch button, or other buttons, resulting in inconvenience. You need to check and be sure yours won't have such problems,or you can accept that.
- Optional parts for working with ATOTO S8 Pro (sold separately): 1. ATOTO S-AC-44P2 1080P On-dash DVR Camera; 2. ATOTO S-AC-44F5 Steering Wheel IR Remote; 3.ATOTO S-AC-4450 Bluetooth OBD II Scanner / Code Reader; 4. ATOTO S-AC-HD02LR HD Live Rear-view Camera or S-AC-HD03LR Wide-angle HD Rear View Camera (for Virtual Surround-View & Live rearview); 5. ATOTO S-AC-UTP1 USB TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor); 6. ATOTO Video Output Adaptor (S-AC-AHV68: USB to HDMI Adaptor; S-AC-AHV48: USB To RCA Adaptor). Some of them must be connected before installing S8; All ATOTO optional accessories can be found here:amazon.com/atoto;
More than a car stereo - Install Android Apps, play music online, run online map & get real-time traffic, connect various external devices to expand functions
S8 Pro provides 4 Methods for Internet Access - Wi-Fi/BT/USB Tethering & built-in 4G Cellular Modem:
S8 Pro provides 4 Methods for Internet Access - Wi-Fi/BT/USB Tethering & built-in 4G Cellular Modem:
1). Phone's cellular data
- S8 allows users to connect to the phone's hotspot via 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi or Bluetooth tethering for internet access.
- Running online maps or streaming music online on Android car stereo do not need high bandwidth(less than 200kb/s), Bluetooth tethering connection is capable of dealing with such demands.
- Compared with WiFi connection, Bluetooth tethering has lower power consumption, so the phone battery will last much longer while Bluetooth tethering is enabled;
- WiFi connection is easier as it requires only one step - enable your phone's WLAN hotspot, then WiFi connection can be finished within 2-4s; Bluetooth connection requires 2 to 3 steps;
- USB network tethering is a newly introduced option by ATOTO, it allows users to share phone data with S8 via the USB connection. This could help save the phone battery, or even increase your phone battery level slightly; You only need to run the specific EasyConnect application in the background;
2). Built-in 4G Cellular Modem
- There is a SIM card slot with the unit, and it only takes Micro size. SIM with Data Plan is not included in the product package.
- The built-in 4G LTE modem module works with frequency bands supported by most carriers. Frequency Bands Supported are - 2G (GSM 850, GSM900, GSM1900); 3G WCDMA (B1, B2, B4, B5, B8); 4G LTE (B1, B2, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B25, B26, B38, B41);
- Only carriers who support bands listed above can allow S8 to access the network. Even if the frequency bands in the above list are supported, the operator's communication base station does not cover the places your vehicle stays, S8 will not be able to access it.
- You can visit Wikipedia to learn more about LTE bands supported by local carriers. International buyers need to check the frequency bands compatibility with your local carriers/operators before placing order.
Install countless Android apps from Google Play Store
- More than 1000 apps from Google Play Store have been tested installable on ATOTO S8 Series, especially media/entertainment apps and navigation apps in the category of "Auto & Vehicles". Very few app developers may specify devices/system environments that are allowed to install or run their apps, which results in the inability to install or run on any Android car stereos. Netflix is the case;
Versatile Connectivity - ATOTO S8 Pro has lots of inputs & outputs customized for working better in a vehicle
- Connect to a specific USB On dash 1080P DVR camera for video preview & playback;
- Connect to a specific ATOTO USB TPMS tire pressure monitor system. When one or more tires are under-inflated, it will pop up a prompt warning on the S8 screen, and even emit a prompt tone as a reminder;
- Connect to a rearview camera with CVBS & HD video signal out for safe parking;
- Connect to your Android / iOS smartphone via USB/ WiFi and using EasyConnection to cast what's displayed on the phone to S8's screen;
- Connect to your Android / iOS smartphone via USB for running iPhone CarPlay/ Android Auto feature, which seamlessly integrates your smartphone (iPhone & Android) with the S8's built-in display and allows you to make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions; The wireless CarPlay connection is available on S8 Pro, Ultra and Ultra Plus versions.
- Connect to an OBD II Diagnostic Scanner / Engine Code Reader via Bluetooth; Compared with single Bluetooth, dual Bluetooth makes communication tasks between multiple Bluetooth connections much more balanced and stable.
- Plug the phone into the dedicated QC 3.0 interface, S8 will charge the phone battery quickly.
- Connect to headrest monitors by using ATOTO USB Video Output Adaptors (S-AC-AHV68: USB to HDMI adaptor; S-AC-AHV48: USB To RCA adaptor; Both are sold separately), and what is displayed on the S8 screen can be synchronized to headrest monitors.
Dual Bluetooth chips inside, connect to more Bluetooth-based devices, customized Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX HD audio codec and voice assistant interface
- The Bluetooth 1 works as Bluetooth hands-free (call/answer) with A2DP streaming audio feature. Contacts/recent records will be synchronized once the smartphone is connected. Supports "Quick Search" and "Add to Favorites" for quick dialing!
- Built-in Noise Cancellation Technology to help suppress background noise and echo feedback in a hands-free call. You don't have to yell at the car stereo to talk with the other one.
- ATOTO S8 (Gen 2) Pro applies Qualcomm aptX HD codec, which was designed to answer the growing demand for high-resolution audio. This enhanced codec supports 24-bit music quality over Bluetooth. This means listeners can hear even the smallest details in their music. Even though the average Bluetooth streaming solution is enough for the majority, for these hypercritical people (who are more obsessed with HD audio quality), there is still regret. Now, enjoy wireless HD audio easily with S8;
- aptX Low Latency audio delivers sound in sync with what’s on-screen, reduces delay, and improves the end-to-end speed of the audio transmission (from 120ms to 40ms!), offering high quality, synchronized sound, so you never miss a beat.
- The aptX HD feature requires that the phone side should also support Bluetooth aptX HD to perform correctly; Users can check this on Qualcomm aptX HD official website:aptx.com/products/atoto-in-car-entertainment-system
- The Bluetooth 2 not only works as Bluetooth tethering internet but also allows to connect to Bluetooth gamepad(for kids in rear seats), Bluetooth OBD2, Bluetooth TPMS, etc.;
- Because of dual Bluetooth inside, the system allows user to connect up to 3 devices simultaneously(one for audio, two for data communication).
- The customized Bluetooth in S8 allows to wake up the phone's voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant) via Bluetooth connection. So users can use a specific button on the screen, steering wheel or ATOTO S-AC-44F5 wireless remote to send messages, make calls, and control music with your voice. Much safer, and much more convenient;
Latest QLED Display Screen, the Great Viewing Experience
*ATOTO S-S8G2104PR applies the latest 1280x720 QLED display screen, which significantly improves the viewing experience. QLED is a type of LED-backlit LCD technology that uses a quantum dot enhancement film layer to improve the LED backlighting, which can produce pure monochromatic red, green, and blue light. So it greatly improves the color effect and provides ultra-clear and vivid picture quality. It also inherits the advantages of 178° full-viewing angle & high contrast of the IPS-LCD;
*There is a Gallery Playback option in the system for users to put memorable photos in the specified gallery folder and let them play automatically on S8's 10.1-inch HD screen with only a tap.
More Options to Operate & Control the S8 - Easy Operation to Ensure Safe Driving
*Operating a car stereo while driving can be quite dangerous. ATOTO S8 provides up to 24 frequently-used functions for matching with the steering wheel audio key.
*For cars without steering wheel audio control, ATOTO S-AC-44F5 Steering Wheel IR Remote is highly recommended (Sold separately);
*ATOTO S8 enables six touch gestures that support two-fingers / three-fingers tap on the screen to enter multi-task menu quickly, switch between preset 9 EQ modes, adjust the screen brightness, etc., which improve operation safety during driving.
*S8 supports split screen display, so that users can run navigation maps and another app (such as Youtube) on the screen meanwhile.
*Newly added SCVC feature (Speed Compensated Volume Control)- automatically adjust your sound system's volume as your speed changes, to compensate for the road and wind noise (applicable in 50mph or up. Software algorithms based on GPS positioning).
DSP with Time Correction & Ultra Powerful Pre-amplifier
Built-in Digital Signal Processor for tailored audio output
*A DSP uses a microcontroller that is designed specifically to manipulate audio signals in the digital domain. It allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay (also known as Time Correction or Time Alignment), bass boost, and bass filter (LFP).
Ultra-powerful Toshiba Pre-amplifier IC, Outstanding Listening Experience
*The S8 Pro applies a much more powerful Toshiba preset amplifier, which comes with 4x49 Watts BTL Max output & 4x29w RMS output. With the conditions of non-distorted audio amplifying & delivering requirements, the RMS 29w power output lets user experience more powerful, more natural music/audio; It can drive 2Ω - 8Ω door speakers.
Highest Compatibility For Vehicle Fit / Installation
*The front faceplate of its double-DIN base has the dimension of 178 * 100 (mm) and its 10.1-inch screen dimension is 252 * 155 (mm). The 10.1-inch floating display part stands out from its double din base allowing users to adjust height and view angles (up or down). For certain vehicles, the edge of the large screen may block the air vent, car emergency switch button, or other buttons, resulting in inconvenient operations.
*It is a universal double-DIN car stereo, and the extra accessories required to finish the installation in a specific vehicle are not included, and it is the buyer's responsibility to prepare them (if applicable). The accessories that may be involved include (but are not limited to) dash frame kit, wiring harness, radio antenna adapter, data interface,etc.
HD 720P Rearview Video Display with Virtual Surround View Parking (Single-Camera Based) & Live Rear View Features
*ATOTO S8 works with a specific ATOTO HD camera to show HD 720P rearview video quality.
*S8 Pro has integrated a special Panoramic Image Stitching algorithm that processes the image sent from a specific rearview camera and rebuilds a dynamic, virtual, but almost same-size ratio surroundings view. It is quite helpful for drivers to park large vehicles (full-size sedan/SUV, van, light trucks) in a narrow or small space.
*Live RearView (LRV) Feature - Access rearview even if the vehicle in moving ahead. This could remove obstructions caused by passengers, headrests and the vehicle’s roof and rear pillars, increasing the field of view (the lanes behind and traditional blind-spots).
*The specified backup camera (S-AC-HD03LR) for Virtual Surround View parking & Live RearView is sold separately.
Personal Privacy Protection without Sacrificing Convenience
In order to protect Google / Facebook & other SNS accounts from being accessed, the S8 has a screen lock option for users to lock the screen when the car (car stereo) is not in their control (Valet Parking, or vehicle taken by others). An additional option (Unlock with Bluetooth) allows users to unlock the S8 screen once phone Bluetooth is connected automatically. You do not have to input the password manually to unlock the screen. Now, all you need to lock or unlock your S8 is just walk out of its Bluetooth range.
Online Product Protection Registration & Continuous System Software Update
Online Product Registration:
S8's buyers can register the products purchased online in the AOCSS system (support.myatoto.com) and have the chance to get extended 180-days product protection (see details announced in the AOCSS system). Registering products could help users to achieve support easily with top priority (since we can access the initial order details & product SN code).
System Firmware Update:
ATOTO will continuously improve S8's system firmware every few months once necessary. Get the continued firmware update when available to ensure few bugs and new features added.
Users can find the availability of firmware update notification by logging into AOCSS.