ATOTO S8 Ultra Android Car Stereo System - Your Ultimate Driving Companion
- Product Model: S8 Ultra (Gen2) Version; Model No: S8G2A78UL-N(4GB+64GB), Mounting style: UDH07D (Universal 2-DIN Head unit with 7-inch Display, almost all dash kits with a 2-DIN opening are compatible); The letter N in the model name means its 4G Cellular Modem supports main frequency bands of the major operators in North America (USA/Canada/Mexico), so it may be incompatible with some other operators from non-North America areas; If you need another version (S8G2A78UL-A) that works with operators from European & Asian areas, check for alternative listings/ASIN;
- System Information: SoC Chip: UNISOC 7862 ARM Cortex Octa-Core (up to 1.8GHz) CPU with ARM Mali-G52 MP2 GPU, advanced 12nm manufacturing process. System Version: ATOTO AICE UI 11.0, which is developed & customized based on Android Q(10.0); System Language: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, and other 12 languages.
- DSP / Pre-Amplifier: Built-in Digital Signal Processor allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay, bass boost, bass filter. Preset 9 EQ Modes, and 32 adjustable frequency bands (16 bands for front and 16 for rear). Built-in Max 4*49W BTL Amplifier with RMS 4*29W (Vcc=14.4v, THD=10%);
- Bluetooth & Radio Tuner: Dual Bluetooth (BT1 5.0 & BT2 4.1). Bluetooth1 is Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX & aptX HD codec (SBC & AAC are also supported), and it supports HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP/PBAP protocols; Radio tuner: Built-in high sensitivity FM/AM radio tuner with RDS/RBDS feature (and the radio station name will be displayed if available);
- Display: Full HD 7-inch 1024*600 5-Touch Capacitive Touchscreen with 600cd/m2 the latest QLED screen (a type of quantum film LED-backlit LCD technology which can greatly improve the color effect, and can provide a very clear and vivid picture quality. It also inherits the advantages of 178° full-viewing angle and high contrast of the IPS LCD);
- GPS/Navigation: Built-in GPS Receiver module with an external GPS antenna and Google Maps app is installed as the default GPS map.Users may need to download offline map data of a specific area for offline navigation if preferred. Other maps/navigation apps from Google Play Store can also be installed;
- Phone Mirroring & Phone Integration Link: Phone Mirroring - EasyConnect app pre-installed, and it supports working with the latest iOS & Android devices (The system firmware update may be required). Two options (USB /WiFi) are all available for connecting to Android smartphones and iPhones; Phone Integration Link (CarPlay & Android Auto Connection) - It seamlessly integrates your smartphones (iPhone & Android) with the S8's built-in display and controls via USB and allows you to make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions. Wireless CarPlay connection is available on S8 (Gen2) Pro, Ultra and Ultra Plus;
- Some Other features: Fast System Boot - Start the car & access system within 2 seconds; Split Screen Display - Run a navigation map and another app (such as Youtube) on the same screen simultaneously; Digital Photo Frame option - Users can put memorable photos in the specified Gallery Folder and let them autoplay on S8's HD big screen with only a tap (or a hand gesture); Speed Compensated Volume Control (SCVC)- When you increased in speed the headunit volume increased a certain percentage and when you slowed down, the volume dropped. This is to compensate for road noise; USB network tethering - sharing your phone data with S8 headunit via USB connection (EasyConnect app); Live RearView (LRV) - Now you can access rearview even if your vehicle in moving ahead. This could remove obstructions caused by passengers, headrests as well as the vehicle’s roof and rear pillars, thus increasing the field of view and allowing the driver an unimpeded view of the lanes behind and traditional blind-spots. Gesture Control - It can recognize 9 hand-gestures and up to 24 options can be programmed;
Inputs,Outputs & Slots
- AUX Audio(L/R) /Video input; FCAM front camera video input; Rearview camera input (S8 can process 720P HD video signal. So you can connect a specific HD rearview camera to S8 for 720P video display); 4-CH RCA Audio Out (2v) for connecting to factory/aftermarket amplifier; Separate Sub-woof Out (0.8v); For S8 Ultra, there are Optical SPDIF Out and QC 3.0 Quick Charge interface available; To connect to a headrest monitor, you need to get an extra ATOTO USB-to-HDMI or USB-to-RCA video output adaptor(not included);
- One Micro SD slot - to store media files, and can read up to 512GB storage card; 3 USB interfaces - 2 for data communication, including reading USB Drive (read unlimited external storage devices, including portable SSD) & optional USB devices, and connecting phone for Mirror casting/EasyConnect or Phone Integration Link; 1 USB for QC 3.0 fast phone charge.
- Most dashboard mounting frame suppliers from North America may provide a double din mounting frame with 172mm*97mm opening (Metra dash kit, PAC dash kit,etc). ATOTO is the first one to bring an Android 7-inch car stereo with a minimum 172mm*97mm front panel dimension. An extra frame adapter is also included in the package to extend its size to 178mm*101.5mm.
- Optional parts for working with ATOTO S8 Ultra (sold separately): 1. ATOTO AC-44P2 1080P On-dash DVR Camera; 2. ATOTO AC-44F5 Steering wheel IR Remote; 3.ATOTO AC-4450 Bluetooth OBD II scanner / Code Reader; 4. ATOTO AC-HD02LR HD Rear-view Camera or AC-HD03LR Wide-angle HD rear view camera (for virtual surround-view); 5. ATOTO AC-UTP1 USB TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor); 6. ATOTO Video Output Adaptor (AC-AHV68: USB to HDMI adaptor; AC-AHV48: USB To RCA adaptor). Some of them must be connected before installing S8; All ATOTO optional accessories can be found here:amazon.com/atoto;
More than a car stereo - Install Android Apps,play music online, run online map & get real-time traffic, connect various external devices to expand functions
S8 Ultra provides 4 Methods for Internet Access - Wi-Fi/BT/USB Tethering & builtin 4G Cellular Modem:
1). Phone's cellular data
- S8 allows users to connect to the phone's hotspot via 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi or Bluetooth tethering for internet access.
- Running online maps or streaming music online on Android car stereo do not need high bandwidth(less than 200kb/s), Bluetooth tethering connection is capable of dealing with such demand.
- Compared with WiFi connection, Bluetooth tethering has lower power consumption, so phone battery will last much longer while Bluetooth tethering is enabled;
- WiFi connection is easier as it requires only one step - enable your phone's WLAN hotspot, and WiFi connection is finished within 2-4s; Bluetooth connection requires 2 - 3 steps;
- USB network tethering is a newly introduced option by ATOTO, and it allows users to share phone data with S8 via USB connection. This could help save phone battery, or even increase slightly; You only need to run the specific EasyConnect application in the background;
2). Built-in 4G Cellular Modem
- There is a SIM card slot with the unit, and it only takes Micro size. SIM with Data Plan is not included in the product package.
- The built-in 4G LTE modem module works with frequency bands supported by most carriers. Frequency Bands Supported are - 2G (GSM 850, GSM900, GSM1900); 3G WCDMA (B1, B2, B4, B5, B8); 4G LTE (B1, B2, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B25, B26, B38, B41);
- Only carriers who support bands listed above can allow S8 to access the network. Even if the frequency bands in the above list are supported, the operator's communication base station does not cover the places your vehicle stays, S8 will not be able to access it.
- You can visit Wikipedia to learn more about LTE bands supported by local carriers. International buyers need to check the frequency bands compatibility with your local carriers/operators before placing order.
Install countless Android apps from Google Play Store
- More than 1000 apps from Google Play Store have been tested installable on ATOTO S8 Series, especially media/entertainment apps and navigation apps in the category of "Auto & Vehicles". Very few app developers may specify devices/system environments that are allowed to install or run their apps, which results in the inability to install or run on any Android car stereos. Netflix is the case;
Versatile Connectivity - The ATOTO S8 Ultra has lots of inputs & outputs customized for working better in a vehicle
- Connect to a specific USB On dash 1080P DVR camera for video preview & playback;
- Connect to a specific ATOTO USB TPMS tire pressure monitor system. When one or more tires are under-inflated, it will pop up a prompt warning on the S8 screen, and even emit a prompt tone as a reminder;
- Connect to a rearview camera with CVBS & HD video signal out for safe parking;
- Connect to your Android / iOS smartphone via USB/ WiFi and using EasyConnection to cast what's displayed on the phone to S8's screen;
- Connect to your Android / iOS smartphone via USB for running iPhone CarPlay/ Android Auto feature, which seamlessly integrates your smartphone (iPhone & Android) with the S8's built-in display and allow you to make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions; The wireless CarPlay connection is available on S8 Pro, Ultra and Ultra Plus version.
- Connect to an OBD II Diagnostic Scanner /Engine Code Reader via Bluetooth; Compared with single Bluetooth, dual Bluetooth makes communication tasks between multiple Bluetooth connections more balanced and stable.
- Plug the phone into the dedicated QC 3.0 interface, S8 will charge the phone battery quickly.
- Connect to headrest monitors using ATOTO USB Video Output Adaptor (AC-AHV68: USB to HDMI adaptor; AC-AHV48: USB To RCA adaptor; Both are sold separately), and what is displayed on S8 can be synchronized to headrest monitors.
Dual Bluetooth chips inside, connect to more Bluetooth-based devices, customized Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX HD audio codec and voice assistant interface
- The Bluetooth 1 works as Bluetooth hands-free (call/answer) with A2DP streaming audio feature. Contacts/recent records will be synchronized once the smartphone is connected. Supports "Quick Search" and "Add to Favorites" for quick dialing!
- Built-in Noise Cancellation Technology to help suppress background noise and echo feedback in a hands-free call. You don't have to yell at the car stereo to talk with the other one.
- ATOTO S8 (Gen2) Ultra applies Qualcomm aptX HD codec, which was designed to answer the growing demand for high-resolution audio. This enhanced codec supports 24-bit music quality over Bluetooth. This means listeners can hear even the smallest details in their music. Even though the average Bluetooth streaming solution is enough for the majority, for these hypercritical people (who are more obsessed with HD audio quality), there is still regret. Now, enjoy wireless HD audio easily with S8;
- aptX Low Latency audio delivers sound in sync with what’s on-screen, reduces delay, and improves the end-to-end speed of the audio transmission (from 120ms to 40ms!), resulting in high quality, synchronized sound, so you never miss a beat.
- The aptX HD feature requires the phone side also to support Bluetooth aptX HD to perform correctly; Users can check this on Qualcomm aptX HD official website:aptx.com/products/atoto-in-car-entertainment-system
- The Bluetooth 2 not only works as Bluetooth tethering internet but also allows to connect to Bluetooth gamepad(for kids in rear seats), Bluetooth OBD2, Bluetooth TPMS, etc.;
- Because of dual Bluetooth inside, the system allows user to connect up to 3 devices simultaneously (one for audio, two for data communication).
- The customized Bluetooth in S8 allows to wake up the phone's voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant) via Bluetooth connection. So users can use a specific button on the screen, steering wheel or ATOTO AC-44F5 wireless remote to send messages, make calls, and control music with your voice. Much safer, much convenient;
Latest QLED Display Screen, the Great Viewing Experience
*ATOTO S8G2A78UL applies 1024*600 QLED display screen, which significantly improves the viewing experience. QLED is a type of LED-backlit LCD technology that uses a quantum dot enhancement film layer to improve the LED backlighting, which can produce pure monochromatic red, green, and blue light. So it greatly improves the color effect and can provide ultra-clear and vivid picture quality. It also inherits the advantages of 178° full-viewing angle & high contrast of the IPS-LCD;
*There is a Gallery Playback option in the system for users to put memorable photos in the specified gallery folder and let them autoplay on S8's 7-inch HD screen with only a tap.
More Options to Operate & Control the S8 - Easy Operation to Ensure Safe Driving
*Safe driving has been one of the top concerns for every driver.
*The Hand Gesture recognition feature allows users to access certain apps, skip tracks, adjust volume, and so on easily with different hand gestures. A proficient operation can be done without keeping the eyes on the car stereo; There are 24 options that can be programmed for being controlled by 9 gesture;
*It enables six touch gestures that support two-finger / three-finger tap on screen to enter multi-task menu quickly, switch between preset 9 EQ modes, adjust the screen brightness, etc., which improve operation
DSP with Time Correction & Ultra Powerful Pre-Amplifier
Built-in Digital Signal Processor for tailored audio output
*A DSP uses a microcontroller that is designed specifically to manipulate audio signals in the digital domain. It allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay (aka Time Correction or Time Alignment), bass boost, and bass filter (LFP);
Ultra-powerful Toshiba Pre-amplifier IC, Outstanding Listening Experience
*The S8 Ultra applies a much more powerful Toshiba preset amplifier, which comes with 4x49 Watts BTL Max output & 4x29w RMS output. With the conditions of non-distorted audio amplifying & delivering
Highest Compatibility For Vehicle Fit/Installation
*Currently, the front panel of a 7-inch aftermarket car stereo has various sizes (178mmx100mm, 178mmx102mm,180mmx102). However, most mounting dash frame adapter suppliers (Metra, Scosche, PAC, etc.) mainly provides 174mmx98mm dash opening, lots of users encountered issues /hassles during installation. ATOTO S8 universal double din models use size 192mmx97mm, and can fit them perfectly, no trimming/cutting job needed!
*This S8 model is a universal double din car stereo, and the extra accessories required to finish installation in a specific vehicle are not included, and it is the buyer's responsibility to prepare for them (if applicable). The accessories that may be involved include (but are not limited to) dash frame kit, wiring harness, radio antenna adapter, data interface,etc.
HD 720P Rearview Video Display with Virtual Surround View Parking (Single-camera Based) & Live Rear View Features
*ATOTO S8 works with a specific HD camera to show HD 720P rearview video quality.
*S8 Ultra has integrated a special Panoramic Image Stitching algorithm that allows the processing of the image sent from a specific rearview camera and rebuilds a dynamic, virtual, but almost same-size ratio surroundings view. It is quite helpful for drivers to park large vehicles (full-size sedan/SUV, van, light trucks) in a narrow or small space.
*Live RearView (LRV) Feature - Access Rearview even if vehicle in moving ahead. This could remove obstructions of passengers, headrests and the vehicle’s roof and rear pillars, increasing field of view (the lanes behind and traditional blind-spots).
Personal Privacy Protection without Sacrificing Convenience
In order to protect Google /Facebook & other SNS accounts from being accessed, S8 has a screen lock option for users to lock the screen when the car (car stereo) is not in their control (Valet Parking, or vehicle taken by others). An additional option (Unlock with Bluetooth) allows users to unlock S8 screen once phone Bluetooth is connected automatically. You do not have to input the password manually to unlock the screen. Now, all you need to lock or unlock your S8 is just walk out of its Bluetooth range.
Online Product Protection Registration & Continuous System Software Update
Online Product Registration:
S8's buyers can register the products purchased online in the AOCSS system (support.myatoto.com) and have the change to get extended 180-day product protection (see details announced in the AOCSS system). Registering products could help users to achieve support easily with top priority (since we can access the initial order details & product SN code).
System Firmware Update:
ATOTO will continuously improve S8's system firmware every a few months once necessary. Get continued firmware update when available to ensure few bugs and new features are added.
Users can find the availability of firmware update notification by logging into AOCSS.