ATOTO AC-SC3601 Single-Camera-Based Surround View Rearview Parking System - Use Panoramic Image Stitching Tech - Bird's-Eye View of Surroundings - (This model do not support selling on North America area.）
This model do not support selling on North America area.
- Traditional solutions for having a surround view parking system is that car owners have to install 4 cameras to different sides of the vehicle and it's too difficult and expensive for installation. ATOTO AC-SC3601 uses only one camera and it means you can install it like installing a common backup camera.
- There is a operation system running on the inner chip hardware for continuously processing the images (receiving, storing, calculating,stitching) sent from camera,so it can help rebuild a dynamic,simulative but almost same-size ratio surroundings view (where the barriers, other vehicles, or your vehicle is). So it can compete a real 360-degree Bird's-eye view parking system, however with only single camera and a fraction amount of cost;
- ATOTO AC-SC3601 is quite helpful for driver to park large vehicles (full size sedan/SUV,van, light trucks) in a narrow or small space. This product supports reversing into parking space,including parallel, perpendicular parking,and angled parking, but it DOES NOT work for forward parking; ※[On selected S8 models, the feature has been integrated into the Android car stereo system, please choose AC-HD03 camera instead ]
- It can work with all the indash car monitor, rearview monitor, or on-dash monitor, as long as they have standard RCA CVBS video signal input that is specified as rear camera input. The difference in installation is, its control unit requires power supply, which is the same as powering an car stereo. You can connect the power wires ( +12v battery,+12v accessory, & ground) of AC-SC3601 to car fuse box, or these wires that go to car stereo as alternative if you can't find the fuse box;
- Notifications: 1. Since the ATOTO AC-SC3601 parking system uses only one camera for surrounding view, the rebuilt surrounding view is not real image of the surroundings (but it is live/dynamic image). There is another area in the reversing display to show the real image of the surroundings (but only rear view); 2.The surrounding view functin DOES NOT work on a vehicle that has trailer, or a vehicle that has protrusion part (like tow hook) in the back;
The traditional OEM factory surround-view system supplements the reversing camera with three more cameras – one in the front apron and one in each lower trim of the exterior mirrors. Based on the information supplied by all four cameras, the system generates a virtual bird’s eye view of the car and displays it on the in-dash car radio screen. It is also possible to switch between various camera views to improve visibility. As it is integrated in the factory car electric system, it has the status of turning lights and the current position of the steering wheel, so it has more options for drivers to use.
If you plan on installing an aftermarket 4-camera based surround-view parking assist system, you will find it too difficult to finish the installation. ATOTO AC-SC3601 rearview parking assist system uses a single camera to provide a surround virtual top view, that captures and displays all the areas the camera has seen since it starts to work. That being said, it scanned & remembered all the surroundings since it starts to work, and rebuilt a dynamic, simulative but almost same-size ratio surroundings view. Your vehicle and barriers' positions will be distinguished easily.
Camera: Sensor: 1/3" CMOS; Max effective pixels: 1280(H)x960(V); Video system: AHD 720P@25FPS；AHD 720P@30FPS Waterproofing Grade: IP67
Central Control Unit (Control Box): Soc Chip: CPU: Cortex A7 Dual Core; GPU: Mali400MP2; Control Input: IR Remote Control; Output Video Signal: CVBS; Power Input: +12v DC Rated Current: 150mA (Max 950mA);
On selected S8 models, the "Panoramic Image Stitching Technology" has been integrated into the Android car stereo system - Use the CPU of S8 as a computing platform instead of the Central Control Unit (Control Box) of AC-SC3601. Therefore, it is recommended that the owners of these S8 models choose the AC-HD03 camera to ensure that the HD rearview feature can be used and the installation steps can be further simplified. Of course, users of the S8 Standard Version can still purchase this product to use this feature.
Park Your Car Easily - Experience Surround View Technology With Affordable Cost
ATOTO AC-SC3601 makes the threshold of experiencing a surround-view parking system lower enough for vehicles that initially do not have such system. You do not have to spend hundreds of dollars to purchase a 4-camera based full surround-view parking system, plus hundreds of dollars for complicated installation. AC-SC3601 is quite useful for a new driver, and even old hand who are parking a large vehicle (full-size sedan/SUV, van, light trucks) in a narrow or small space.
ATOTO AC-SC3601 supports reversing into parking space, including parallel, perpendicular parking, and angled parking, but it DOES NOT work for forward parking;
How the ATOTO AC-SC3601 Single-Camera-Based Surround View Parking System Works?
There is an operation system running on the inner chip hardware (central processing & control unit) for continuously processing the images (receiving, storing, calculating, stitching) sent from the camera, so it can help rebuild a dynamic, simulative but almost same-size ratio surroundings view (where the barriers, other vehicles, or your vehicle is). The rebuilt surrounding view is not a real image of the surroundings, but it is a live/dynamic image. There is another area in the reversing display to show the real image of the rear surroundings and only rear view is available
How it works:
- In the reverse operation, the camera installed at the tail transmits the environment that has been seen to the central control unit in real-time, and the central control unit performs image splicing, generating a dynamic simulation environment having a 1:1 size with the real environment;
- Then based on the vehicle dimension data provided and its body movement, the system dynamically displays the approximate distance between the vehicle and the surrounding obstacles in the simulated environment established by the system in real-time. Drivers can make decisions on how to move, further or backwards;
Easy Installation, compatible with most car video devices
Since it just has one camera and is installed on the back of the vehicle, so the installation is easy enough for most drivers, as long as you have experience installing an aftermarket backup camera. The traditional surround view system supplements the reversing camera with three more cameras – one in the front apron and one in each lower trim of the exterior mirrors. You have to ensure there are power supplies to all the cameras and wiring to side mirrors and front apron is really tough challenging. It may take even 3-4 hours for professional installers!
ATOTO AC-SC3601 can work with all the in-dash car monitor, rearview monitor, or on-dash monitor on the market, as long as they have standard RCA type video input that is specified as reversed camera input. The difference in the installation is, its control unit requires power supply, which is the same as powering a car stereo. You can connect the power wires ( +12v battery,+12v accessory, & ground) of ATOTO AC-SC3601 to the car fuse box, or these wires that go to your car stereo as an alternative if you can't find the car fuse box; In addition, there is a specific calibration cloth in the package and will be needed as an assisting accessory in image calibration step - to help the host computer (central control unit) to understand, from the perspective of a computer, where the camera is and the relative position between vehicle's body and the camera. So, please keep it for further need, in case you may need a re-calibration operation, especially when the position or direction of the camera is changed expectedly.
A Few Notices That Are Important For Users to Know Before Purchase
- As it has an inner operation system, and it will take 2-3 seconds for the central control unit to be ready for displaying rearview image and surround view when you put the car into reverse gear.
- The vehicle speed while in reverse is recommended to be within 10mph, moving too fast will cause the video monitor to display slightly delayed surround view.
- Drivers are still required to pay attention to the surroundings of your vehicle to avoid accidents, as the rebuilt surrounding view is not a real image of the surroundings, it is a live/dynamic image.;
- The system can only generate a dynamic simulation environment view based on these images(30fps) the camera transmits. So the surround view is only available for all the areas that have been seen by camera during movement.
- The surrounding view functin DOES NOT work on a vehicle that has trailer, or a vehicle that has protrusion part (like tow hook) in the back;