ATOTO AC-HD03 (AC-HD03A) 720P Rearview Backup Camera (180° Wide-Angle, specified for Virtual Surround-View Parking Feature on Select ATOTO S8 Models), Night Vision/Waterproof Wide （This model do not support selling in North America area.）
- HD 720P Rear-view Backup Parking Assist Camera, which can output 720P HD video signal
- It only works with selected ATOTO S8 android car stereo models and the video image quality is much better than traditional cameras that output CVBS signal type. It is not compatible with other car stereos!
- This camera has 180° ultra wide Viewing Angle and is specified for working with selected AOTOT S8 Android car stereo that comes with Virtual Surround View Parking feature. An extra calibration cloth is included in the package, and the retailing price includes both the camera and calibration cloth
- Easy to install: 2 Installation options, you could choose bracket mounting or flush mounting as per your case .
- It does not work on ATOTO A6 series Android car stereo and SA102 Starter CarPlay & Android Auto Receiver
The traditional OEM factory surround-view system supplements the reversing camera with three more cameras – one in the front apron and one in each lower trim of the exterior mirrors. Based on the information supplied by all four cameras, the system generates a virtual bird’s eye view of the car and displays it on the in-dash car radio screen. It is also possible to switch between various camera views to improve visibility. As it is integrated into the factory car electric system, it has the status of turning lights and the current position of the steering wheel, so it has more options for drivers to use.
If you plan on installing an aftermarket 4-camera based surround-view parking assist system, you will find it too difficult to finish the installation. ATOTO Virtual Surround View Parking System (AC-HD03 rearview camera, and a dedicated image stitching algorithm built into selected ATOTO S8 car stereo) uses a single camera to provide a surround virtual top view, that captures and displays all the areas the camera has seen since it starts to work. That being said, it scanned & remembered all the surroundings since it starts to work, and rebuilt a dynamic, simulative but almost same-size ratio surroundings view. Your vehicle and barriers' positions will be distinguished easily.
This listing is about the specific AC-HD03 HD rearview camera, you need to own a special ATOTO S8 Android car stereo models that come with an image stitching algorithm to let ATOTO virtual surround-view parking system work properly. It is not compatible with S8 Standard version, A6 Series, Year SA102 Series, or any other car stereo brands
There is a piece of calibration cloth is included in the package
You can watch related product video in the image gallery to learn more about how ATOTO Virtual Surround View Parking feature works
- Product Model: AC-HD03
- Image sensor format: 1/2.9” CMOS
- White balance: automatic
- Backlight compensation: Yes
- Noise reduction: 3D DNR
- Video Frame rate: 720P@30FPS
- Video Signal Out：Analogue HD signal, 1.0 Vp-p / 75Ω
- Working Voltage: DC 3.3V～5V
- Working Current: 130mA～150mA
- Working Temperature：-30℃～+80℃ (-22°F ～ 176°F)
- Rear-view guideline: Not built-in, provided by Car stereo system
- Waterproof Rate: IP67
- Night-vision: YES
- Lens Viewing Angle: 180 Degrees
For S8 Standard version, ATOTO A6 Series, Year AS102 Starter and other car stereo models, as there is no Panoramic Image Stitching Technology integrated into the Android car stereo, users of these owners need to purchase ATOTO AC-SC3601 instead.
Park Your Car Easily - Experience Surround View Technology With Affordable Cost
ATOTO Virtual Surround View Parking feature makes the threshold of experiencing a surround-view parking system lower enough for vehicles that initially do not have such a system. You do not have to spend hundreds of dollars to purchase a 4-camera based full surround-view parking system, plus hundreds of dollars for complicated installation. It is quite useful for a new driver and even old hand who is parking a large vehicle (full-size sedan/SUV, van, light trucks) in a narrow or small space.
This product supports reversing into parking space, including parallel, perpendicular parking, and angled parking, but it DOES NOT work for forward parking;
How the ATOTO AC-SC3601 Single-Camera-Based Surround View Parking System Works?
There is a special image stitching algorithm built into selected ATOTO S8 car stereo for continuously processing the images (receiving, storing, calculating, stitching) sent from AC-HD03 camera, so it can help rebuild a dynamic, simulative but almost same-size ratio surroundings view (where the barriers, other vehicles, or your vehicle is). The rebuilt surrounding view is not a real image of the surroundings, but it is a live/dynamic image. There is another area in the reversing display to show the real image of the rear surroundings, and only the rear-view is available
How it works:
- In the reverse operation, the camera installed at the tail transmits the environment that has been seen to the S8 in real-time, and the S8 unit performs image splicing, generating a dynamic virtual environment having a 1:1 size with the real environment;
- Then based on the vehicle dimension data provided and its body movement, the system dynamically displays the approximate distance between the vehicle and the surrounding obstacles in the simulated environment established by the system in real-time. Drivers can make decisions on how to move further or backward;
Easy Installation, compatible with most car video devices
Since it just has one camera and is installed on the back of the vehicle, so the installation is easy enough for most drivers, as long as you have experience installing an aftermarket backup camera. The traditional surround view system supplements the reversing camera with three more cameras – one in the front apron and one in each lower trim of the exterior mirrors. You have to ensure there are power supplies to all the cameras and wiring to side mirrors and front apron is really tough challenging. It may take even 3-4 hours for professional installers!
There is a specific calibration cloth in the package and will be needed as an assisting accessory in image calibration step - to help the S8 (car stereo) to understand, from the perspective of a computer, where the camera is and the relative position between vehicle's body and the camera. So, please keep it for further need, in case you may need a re-calibration operation, especially when the position or direction of the camera is changed expectedly.
A Few Notices That Are Important For Users to Know Before Purchase
- The vehicle speed while in reverse is recommended to be within 10mph, moving too fast will cause the S8 screen to display slightly delayed surround view.
- Drivers are still required to pay attention to the surroundings of your vehicle to avoid accidents, as the rebuilt surrounding view is not a real image of the surroundings, it is live/dynamic image.;
- The system can only generate a dynamic virtual environment view based on these images(30fps) the camera transmits. So the surround-view is only available for all the areas that have been seen by the camera during movement.
- The surrounding view functin DOES NOT work on a vehicle that has trailer, or a vehicle that has protrusion part (like tow hook) in the back;