More than a car stereo - Install Android Apps, play music online, run online map & get real-time traffic, connect various external devices to expand functions
Access to the internet and install Android apps from Google Play Store
- Compared with S8 Gen1 (manufactured before Jan 2021), S8 Gen2 can provide up to 4 options for internet access. (1). Connect to the phone's hotspot via 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi; (2). Connect to Phone Bluetooth and enable Bluetooth tethering option, (3). Use Phone data via USB network tethering feature (an exclusive feature from ATOTO. EasyConnect app is required ); (4). Built-in 4G Cellular Modem allows users to insert a SIM card with a data plan for internet access, and this option is only available on selected S8 models (excluding S8 Standard, Premium, Lite);
- Running online maps or streaming music online on Android car stereo do not need high bandwidth(less than200kb/s), Bluetooth tethering connection is capable of dealing with such demand.
- Compared with WiFi connection, Bluetooth tethering has lower power consumption, so phone battery will last much longer while Bluetooth tethering is enabled;
- WiFi connection is easier as it requires only one step - enable your phone's WLAN hotspot; Bluetooth connection requires 2 - 3 steps;
- USB network tethering is new introduced option by ATOTO, and it allows users to share phone data with S8 via USB connection. This could help save phone battery, or even increase slightly; You only need to run the specific EasyConnect application in the background;
- More than 1000 apps from Google Play Store have been tested installable on ATOTO S8 Series, especially media/entertainment apps and navigation apps in the category of "Auto & Vehicles". Very few app developers may specify devices/system environments that are allowed to install or run their apps, which results in the inability to install or run on an Android car stereo. Netflix is the case, but a specific version of Netflix is pre-installed so that you can still use it on S8;
Android Car Stereo is not the equivalent of putting an Android tablet in the vehicle. The ATOTO S8 has lots of inputs and outputs customized for it to work better in vehicle
- Connect to a specific ATOTO USB On dash 1080P DVR camera for recorded video files preview & playback;
- Connect to a specific ATOTO USB TPMS tire pressure monitor system. When one or more tires are under-inflated, it will pop up a prompt warning on the S8 screen, and even emit a prompt tone as a reminder;
- Connect to a rearview camera with CVBS & HD video signal out for safe parking;
- Connect to your Android / iOS smartphone via USB/ WiFi and using EasyConnection to cast what's displayed on the phone to S8's screen;
- Connect to your iOS phone via USB or Bluetooth for running wired or wireless CarPlay, Android Auto only works with the wired USB connection, which seamlessly integrates your smartphone (iPhone & Android) with the S8's built-in display and allow you to make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions;
- Connect to an OBD II Diagnostic Scanner /Engine Code Reader via Bluetooth; Compared with single Bluetooth, dual Bluetooth makes communication tasks between multiple Bluetooth connections more balanced and stable.
- Connect to headrest monitors using ATOTO Video Output Adaptor (S-AC-AHV68: USB to HDMI adaptor; AC-AHV48: USB To RCA adaptor; Both are sold separately), and what is displayed on S8 can be synchronized to headrest monitors.
Dual Bluetooth chips inside, connectable to more Bluetooth-based devices, customized Bluetooth 5.0 and voice assistant interface
The Bluetooth 1 works as Bluetooth hands-free (call/answer) with A2DP streaming audio feature. Contacts/recent records will be synchronized once the smartphone is connected. Supports "Quick Search" and "Add to Favorites" for quick dialing!
- Built-in Noise Cancellation Technology helps suppress background noise and echo feedback in a hands-free call. You don't have to yell at the car stereo to talk with the other one.
- The Bluetooth 2 not only works as Bluetooth tethering internet but also allows to connect to Bluetooth gamepad (for kids in rear seats), Bluetooth OBD2, Bluetooth TPMS, etc.;
- Because of dual Bluetooth inside, the system allows users to connect up to 3 devices simultaneously(one for audio, two for data communication).
- The customized Bluetooth in S8 Lite allows to wake up the phone's voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant) via Bluetooth connection. So users can use a specific button on the screen, steering wheel controller to send messages, make calls, and control music with their voice. Much safer, much convenient;
178° full-viewing angle IPS display screen, the better viewing experience
- ATOTO S8 Lite applies 178° full-viewing angle IPS display screen, which helps improve viewing experience in strong daylight, and important app tips such as navigation prompts could be viewed brighter than traditional display screen;
- In addition, IPS display technology has outstanding color rendition, as well as retaining displaying naturalness;
More Options to Operate & Control the S8 - Easy Operation to Ensure Safe Driving
*Operating a car stereo while driving can be quite dangerous. ATOTO S8 provides up to 24 frequently-used functions for matching with the steering wheel audio key.
*ATOTO S8 enables six touch gestures that support two-finger / three-finger tap on screen to enter multi-task menu quickly, switch between preset 9 EQ modes, adjust the screen brightness, etc., which improve operation safety during driving.
*S8 supports split screen display, so that users can run navigation maps and another app (such as Youtube) on the same screen.
* New added SCVC feature (Speed Compensated Volume Control)- automatically adjusts your sound system's volume as your speed changes, to adjust for road and wind noise (applicable in 50mph or up. Software algorithms based on GPS positioning).
NOTE: For S8 Lite, as there is no wireless steer wheel control interface, hence, ATOTO steering wheel IR remote is not applicable.
DSP with Time Correction & Ultra Powerful Pre-amplifier
Built-in Digital Signal Processor for tailored audio output
*A DSP uses a microcontroller that is designed specifically to manipulate audio signals in the digital domain. It allows you to set precise equalization, signal delay (aka Time Correction or Time Alignment), bass boost, and bass filter (LFP)
Ultra-powerful Toshiba Pre-amplifier IC, Outstanding Listening Experience
*The S8 Lite applies a powerful Toshiba preset amplifier, which comes with 4x45 Watts BTL Max output & 4x24w RMS output. With the conditions of non-distorted audio amplifying & delivering requirements, the RMS 24w power output lets user experience powerful & natural music/audio; It can drive 4Ω - 8Ω door speakers.
High Compatibility For Vehicle Fit/Installation, Plus Vehicle-specific Fit Availability
(1).This model has a 10.1-inch display and double-DIN adaptive head unit case. The dimension of its head unit case is 170 mm *95 mm * 36 mm, and its 10.1-inch screen is 258 mm * 160 mm. It can be installed in most vehicles that have standard double-DIN dashboard openings. For few vehicles, the edge of the 10.1-inch display part may block the air vent, emergency switch, or other buttons located around the double-DIN opening, resulting in inconvenience.
(2).The possible extra accessories (dash frame kit, wiring harness, radio antenna adapter, data interface, etc.) required to finish installation in a specific vehicle are not included, and it is the buyer's responsibility to prepare them (if applicable).
HD 720P Rearview Video Display with Virtual Surround View Parking (Single-camera Based) & Live Rear View Features
*ATOTO S8 works with a specific HD camera to show HD 720P rearview video quality.
*S8 Lite has integrated a special Panoramic Image Stitching algorithm to process the image sent from a specific rearview camera and to rebuild a dynamic, virtual, but almost same-size ratio surroundings view. It is quite helpful for drivers to park large vehicles (full-size sedan/SUV, van, light trucks) in a narrow or small space.
*Live RearView (LRV) Feature - Access Rearview even if the vehicle in moving ahead. This could remove obstructions caused by passengers, headrests and the vehicle’s roof and rear pillars, increasing the field of view (the lanes behind and traditional blind-spots).
*The specified backup camera (ATOTO VSV 720P Rearview Camera) for Virtual Surround View parking & Live RearView is sold separately.
Personal Privacy Protection without Sacrificing Convenience
In order to protect Google / Facebook & other SNS accounts from being accessed, S8 has a screen lock option for users to lock the screen when the car (car stereo) is not in their control (Valet Parking, or vehicle taken by others). An additional option (Unlock with Bluetooth) allows users to unlock S8 screen once phone Bluetooth is connected automatically. You do not have to input the password manually to unlock the screen. Now, all you need to lock or unlock your S8 is just walk out of its Bluetooth range.
Online Product Protetion Registration & Continuous System Software Update
Online Product Registration:
S8's buyers can register the products purchased online in the AOCSS system (support.myatoto.com) and have the chance to get extended 180-day product protection (see details announced in the AOCSS system). Registering products could help users to achieve support easily with top priority (since we can access the initial order details & product SN code).
System Firmware Update:
ATOTO will continuously improve S8's system firmware every few months once necessary. Get continued firmware update when available to ensure few bugs and new features added.
Users can find the availability of firmware update notification by logging into AOCSS.